PREP: 5 min
COOK: 15 min
- 150g unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- Pre-cooked butter croisants
- Streaky bacon
- 1 dessert spoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Cheese slices
- Get a saucepan and a heatproof mixing bowl that will sit stably over the pan. Half-fill the pan with water and bring to a simmer. Turn down the heat as low as it can go but still have the water simmering.
- Place the butter in a medium pan over a low heat, so it starts to melt but doesn’t burn. When the butter has melted, take it off the heat.
- Separate 2 egg yolks by cracking the egg into your hand, and letting the whites drain through your fingers. gently swap the yoke from your left to right hand to separate the white from the yolk.
- Place the egg yolks in your heatproof mixing bowl, which you should then place over the pan of just-simmering water. It’s important that the saucepan is on a low heat, or the eggs will scramble.
- Beat the eggs, then whisk in your white wine vinegar.
- Keep whisking, and then gradually add the melted butter whisking all the time, till all the butter has been incorporated. The result should be a lovely, smooth, thick sauce.
EGGS BENNY CROISSANTS
- Warm up your brisket in a foil pouch in an oven set to 108c
- Half and slightly toast the croissants
- Fry your bacon and eggs to your liking (poach the eggs if you want to be authentic)
- Stack up the croissant with your brisket, egg, bacon and cheese
- Apply your hollandaise liberally