BEST WAY TO APPLY OUR RUBS!
This is by far one of the most common questions we get asked, so here it a great quick guide to help you guys out.
Firstly, an important thing to remember is that the Rubs are made to be evenly spread & the granule size is made evenly, so they are able to be applied to anything, ensuring a completely clean finish & not leaving one area of the food covered & one area uncovered.
(nothing worse than a bunched-up bit of flavour & one part of the steak completely uncovered)
So, to make sure you get the best results every time, follow these steps:
- Make sure to open your rubs & give them a mix to break them up (yes, they clump together but this is a good thing, because it shows that we don’t add any nasty stuff to our rubs!) also give them a good shake!
- Lay out what ever food you are applying to on a board or a tray, with enough space for some spillage – don’t worry, you can mop it up after
- Start to apply the rub by gently shaking the container, allowing the rub to go through the holes in the lid
- Make sure to shake the container evenly across all of the surface area of the food & allow it to sit for 5 minutes to settle.
- Do this to both sides of whatever you are cooking, & if it only requires one side (like salmon) then just do the one side.
- Apply another nice even layer to the food & then you are ready to cook!
When cooking the food, make sure that you don’t use too high of a heat, otherwise the rub will burn & won’t taste nice!
Cook it to how you like it & Dig right in!