LANE'S BBQ DOUBLE SMOKED HAM RECIPE
- 1 smoked spiral sliced ham
- Lane’s BBQ Sweet Heat rub
- 1 cup Apple juice
- Glaze (see below)
- Wire rack
- Apple wood chips
- Remove the ham from its package and set on the side. Liberally season with our Sweet Heat rub.
- Next, place the ham face down on the wire rack then into the pan. Pour 1 cup of apple juice (or water) in the pan. Let the ham sit at room temp for 1 hour.
- Set up your BBQ for indirect cooking at 300 degrees (going to cook at 250, so you always want to start it higher). Once the smoker reaches 300, place your wood chips/chunk on top of charcoal and mix around with your ash tool. Place the plate setter and then grilling grate on top, and you are ready to go.
- Set ham on smoker. Essentially, you are only reheating the ham so it’s ready to roll when it reaches around 140 degrees. A 5-6KG ham will take around 4 hours. Once the ham reaches an internal temp of 120 degrees, I pour the glaze over the top then continue smoking until it reaches 140 degrees.
- Remove from smoker, cover loosely with foil and let rest for about 30 minutes. Slice & Enjoy!
LANE'S BBQ HAM GLAZE RECIPE
- 1 stick of unsalted sweet cream butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsps of Sweet Heat Rub
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 6 ounces of Coke
- Melt the butter.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Apply to the ham and enjoy!
** This recipe was create by Ryan Lane www.lanesbbq.com **
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau