- This recipe makes a total of 8 serves
- Prep time - 3.5 hrs
- Cooking time - 10 mins
- 3 tins of Condensed Milk
- 3 tbs of Vanilla essence
- Shortcrust Pastry Mix
- 2 tbs of Lane's Choc Sea Salt Caramel
- To make your caramel, remove the label from the unopened cans of condensed milk. Fill a deep medium saucepan with water. Bring to the boil.
- Carefully place the can in the saucepan, ensuring there’s enough water to completely cover the cans at all times, topping up water frequently throughout the cooking process.
- Simmer, uncovered for 3 hours. Allow cans to completely cool before opening
- Mix up your shortcrust pasty as per instructions. Alternatively, you can purchase this from the freezer section in sheets.
- Lightly grease a large tart shell with a removable bottom and line with pastry sheets. Place a sheet of baking paper on top, with pie weights or raw rice and bake at 200c for 8 minutes. Remove tart casing from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place the cooled condensed milk caramel into a mixing bowl and mix vigorously until smooth.
- Add in your Lane's Choc Sea Salt Caramel and vanilla essence, mixing until all combined. Place the caramel mixture into the cooled pie shell and place into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hrs, until caramel firms and sets.
- Take the tart out of the baking tart dish and add your favourite whipped cream (homemade is best!)
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau.