PREP: 20 Min
COOK: 45 mins
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Lane's SPF53 Rub
- 12 fresh jalapeños
- 12 bacon rashers (streaky side)
- 1 spicy chorizo
- 200g cream cheese softened
- Sharp cheddar cut into small bars
- 100g fresh grated mozzarella
- Set up your cooker for indirect heat. Aim for a temp around 160c
Slice the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds and as much of the inner pith as possible. Set aside.
Dice then brown the chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain on a paper towel. Let cool.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese with the chorizo, mozzarella and 2Tbsp of SPF53.
- With a tablespoon, scoop cream cheese filling into each jalapeno half
- Add a bar of cheddar on top of each jalapeno
- carefully wrap each jalapeno with a rasher of bacon. You may need to trim it down if the rasher is on the larger side.
- Secure the rasher with a toothpick and place on an oven safe wire rack. Sprinkle with a little more SPF.
- Place in the smoker/oven for about 45 mins or untill the bacon is nicely cooked
- When the poppers look good take them off and let cool for a minite or two, then serve immediately.