Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with this Cheese and Bacon Cob Loaf. Packed with savoury bacon and creamy cheese, every bite is enhanced by the irresistible Lane's Everything Toasted Bagel seasoning. Perfect for sharing with friends and family, this dish is sure to become a crowd favourite at any gathering.
Everything Toasted Bagel Cheese and Bacon Cob Loaf
Unleash the flavour and indulge in comfort with every bite of our Cheese and Bacon Cob Loaf. A crowd-pleaser that's perfect for any occasion!
Lane’s Everything Toasted Bagel seasoning
- 1 Egg
- Cob Loaf
- Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 200g Bacon
- 1 ½ Cups Grated Cheese
- 300ml Cream
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 200g Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Chopped Shallots
- To prepare, preheat your oven to 180 °C fan-forced and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Next, whisk an egg and brush it over the top of the cob loaf. Sprinkle the Everything Toasted Bagel seasoning on top and place it in the oven for 4 minutes to set.
- After removing the loaf from the oven, cut off the top to form a lid. Scoop out the bread from the centre of the loaf. Tear or roughly chop the bread pieces.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat some oil and add onions and bacon. Cook until the bacon is browned and onions have softened. Stir in creamed cheese until combined, then add cream, sour cream, and grated cheese. Add chives to the mixture. Season with Everything Toasted Bagel and salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf and arrange the lid and bread pieces in a single layer around the loaf. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!